Posted by Martin Kovac | Posted in Online advertising | Posted on 22-06-2011
Tags: Measurement, Online advertising
The Association of National Advertisers, the Interactive Advertising Bureau and the 4As released their Guiding Principles of Digital Measurement, five principles that the trade groups described as “the foundation of making measurement make sense.”
Five new principles:
1. Move to a viewable impressions standard and count real exposures online.
2. Online advertising must migrate to a currency based on audience impressions, not gross ad impressions.
3. Because all ad units are not created equal, we must create a transparent classification system.
4. Determine interactivity metrics that matter for brand marketers, so that marketers can better evaluate online’s contribution to brand building.
5. Digital media measurement must become increasingly comparable and integrated with other media.